A Bike Commuter's Dream Parking Lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

twisted politiks

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
so basically, i can ride around with my gps mounted on my bike, which i already do, and have my tire repair kit in the pack behind my seat, and instead of having to stop there and look retarded trying to figure out how to use what im sure would be overly expensive bike pumps, i can ride past them and laugh?

Clintonio

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2008
"Too bad there's no socket for power-hungry bikers who need to recharge their gadgets. This modern bike rack could also benefit from an integrated internet workstation, and most definitely from a built-in Wi-Fi hotspot as well. "

Why? Seriously? Is shoving tech in every hole really worthwhile? What happens when a standard changes? Rebuild every single piece of infrastructure in the city? No.

We really should stop with this pointless adding of consumer tech to every hole.

Mobile internet = Brilliant
Charging gadgets at home, work, uni, select stores = Good, slightly inconvenient
Adding soon-to-be-outdated tech to every piece of infrastructure or machinery possible = Retarded.
Building the cities for today's gadgets (with no emphasis on tomorrow) = hyper retarded.

830hobbes

Distinguished
May 30, 2009
I'd rather have a place that protects my bike from vandals and thieves. It looks like you can lock the bike but people would still have access to possibly expensive parts to steal or gear that's mounted on the bike. And water dispensing would be a good idea. Honestly, if these are in cities, any form of wifi or computer access is stupid. People are probably on their way to WORK and if they're parking their bike, then they're already there and not looking for directions.

G

Like people are going to park their bikes and leave their $400 Garmins on the bike to recharge. I'm sure no one would take them. We don't need stuid gadgets like this. We just need a few secure places to lock commuter bikes, since secure lockups are really rare.

gemmakaru

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
[citation][nom]Clintonio[/nom]Is shoving tech in every hole really worthwhile?[/citation]

A dildo with a built in bluetooth subwoofer, recieving bass from a connected mp3player springs to mind. mmm drub-n-bass. Sorry.

mr_tuel

Distinguished
May 23, 2009
So its a fancy bike rack. Misleading title, I thought there would be a parking lot of some sort, maybe completely filled with bikes.

jwl3

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2008
LOL, I walked by a NYC parking lot today that was charging $11/day and $160/month to park your BIKE!!!!! Are they insane? The only reason someone would ride a bike to work is to save on commuting costs. For that price, I'd buy a piece of junk Huffy at Toys R Us and not care if it got ripped off a lamp post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS