A broken power button?

contrastion

Honorable
Jun 27, 2013
My hp dv6 seems to be having some trouble. See, when I'm using it like normal it seems to make the screen flicker, and on occasions like atm the light on the power button isn't on at all. Pressing on either side of the button (not the button itself) seems to stop the screen flicking for a while.
Any ideas? I did get a new hard drive and before it still did the same thing. and have taken it apart to see how clean the fan ect. were when I first got it.

Munir3600

Honorable
Jun 17, 2013
Sounds like it's possible that you may have a loose connection, otherwise I don't see how a broken power button would do this. Have you opened it up to that point to check whether everything is where it should be and fitted properly? (The monitor>GPU/Motherboard connection), however I'd take it apart and have another look, seeing as you've taken it apart before, something could of happened there. Worth a shot if you ask me!

contrastion

Honorable
Jun 27, 2013
Might be the best idea... I had a feeling it may be a loose connection when it was taken apart and put back. I'll take it apart in a weeks time when I have someone to help and see how it goes. Such a pain with Pavilion dv6's...

contrastion

Honorable
Jun 27, 2013
I've opened it up and with a bit of patience managed to reinsert the strip to the motherboard. Now there has been no flashing or anything odd going on! The new problem now is a tab on the corner is pressing against the exhaust of computer making a little imprint, but nothing big yet, seems a screw that was glued in or something broke off. Some glue on it should be fine to fix this, or could I take the tab off that's pressing against it? It doesn't look like it has a purpose so could that work?
Thanks
Contrastion