A doubt about buying DELL INSPIRON battery

mmdivcre

Estimable
Oct 27, 2014
Hello members i am in search of buying a DELL INSPIRON battery.There are different prices for dell inspiron battery with slightly different specs in AMAZON. Should i go for a cheaper price or the costly ones.
My laptop usage will be like 4 hrs per day. Which one will be best suited in a long run?

Solution
(Ampere per hour or milli Amps per hour)
Common misconception. Batteries are rated in amps (or milliamps) times hours. If it were per hour, then it would be A/h, mA/h, Aph, or mAph.

Genuine all the way. Cheap ones don't live up to what's printed on them; typically cheap cells barely reach 900mAh; good cells are often 3000mAh each or more.

Louise Porkolt

Estimable
Nov 25, 2014
Hi there,

My best whishes for a start...

For batteries I always advise to go for the original parts !
Usually original parts give the power that is written on the package: e.g.: sometimes the branded batteries state 1500 mAh and from cheaper brands state: 1300mAh for the same equipment (Ampere per hour or milli Amps per hour). It means that you're 200mAh short also meaning that you'll work less time with the cheaper ones. If you don't need the laptop for hours without current then you could go for the cheap ones (also check warranty of it).

if the cheaper brand states the same amount of mAh, usually it's made in the same factory and there might be no problem.

Dell has different batteries for the same laptops: 6 cells or 9 cells. The 6 cells has lower mAh than the 9 cells.
With 9 cells you work approx. 50 % longer.

Cheers, Louise.

(Ampere per hour or milli Amps per hour)
Common misconception. Batteries are rated in amps (or milliamps) times hours. If it were per hour, then it would be A/h, mA/h, Aph, or mAph.

Genuine all the way. Cheap ones don't live up to what's printed on them; typically cheap cells barely reach 900mAh; good cells are often 3000mAh each or more.

Solution

mmdivcre

Estimable
Oct 27, 2014

Thanks for taking your time and showing an insight. I will check out amazon again keeping these suggestions in mind :)