A good value set of Headphones for Gaming.

The_Doctor

Honorable
May 19, 2013
Hello I hope you have all had a great Christmas.

Over the Christmas period my P11's (Turtle Beaches) gave up the ghost so I am looking for a new set of headphones I really want the new pair be a good balance of sound quality, build quality and value for money but I recognise thats a pipe dream.

Requirements:

Work on OS X and Win 7.

Have equal or better sound quality to the P11's,

Be suitable for moving around in (Motion controls)/ Good build quality (The Build quality on the p11's was rather poor).

Be ideally under £50 (This is a suggested price point I can go over but as I am a student I don't want to pay to much)

Things I don't mind about:

Connection method: My laptop supports Bluetooth, Jack, USB, wifi,.

Make - Any one expect Turtle Beach

Design

Colour

I have been looking at the Sony MDR-V55; for £25 and the Audio Technica ATH-M30x at £45 based on other recommendations but I wondered if you guys had any more suggestions?

Thanks for your assistance and I hope you have a great New Year!

Solution
When it comes to value for money for headset, especially gaming ones, HyperX Cloud is almost certainly one to come by.

Requirements:

Work on OS X and Win 7.
Check.

To be honest, when you just want something sounds better than the P11, you are setting the standard pretty low. Being a rebranded audiophile grade headphone Takstar Pro 80, I find this pair of cans actually sounds better than a lot of gaming headset which are sometimes 2 times more expensive than it and its leagues better than the P11 in term of audio quality.

Be suitable for moving around in (Motion controls)/ Good build quality (The Build quality on the p11's was rather poor).
I am not sure what do you mean by motion...

Killmeplsok

Estimable
Dec 5, 2014
When it comes to value for money for headset, especially gaming ones, HyperX Cloud is almost certainly one to come by.

Requirements:

Work on OS X and Win 7.
Check.

To be honest, when you just want something sounds better than the P11, you are setting the standard pretty low. Being a rebranded audiophile grade headphone Takstar Pro 80, I find this pair of cans actually sounds better than a lot of gaming headset which are sometimes 2 times more expensive than it and its leagues better than the P11 in term of audio quality.

I am not sure what do you mean by motion controls, but this comes with 2 extension cable so you can use them if you need to be further from your devices, or plug them off when you don't need it. The build quality seems decent, most of the frame are made out of metal, a headband made out of real leather which is pretty rare for headset at this price range, a detachable mic and 2 pairs of different earpads, one velvet and another leatherette, they gives you different feeling and the sound changes drastically when you change the ear pads so keep that in mind, one is not worse than another so its really up to your preference.

Be ideally under £50 (This is a suggested price point I can go over but as I am a student I don't want to pay to much)
This is 70 pound as listed on amazon but I have regularly see it sold around 60 USD so I'm sure the price can be much cheaper.

Solution

leouser

Estimable
May 26, 2014
If you want to sacrifice noise isolation and get more soundstage, you can get the Superlux HD668B.

If you want noise isolation, the Monoprice 8323 is a good option.

For the microphone, get the Zalman ZM-MIC1.

The ATH-M30x seems to be solid headphones too. I think you can't go wrong with it.