A Hardware Flaw is Holding Back White iPhone 4

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

uruquiora

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2010
[citation][nom]let-me-see-your-tweets[/nom]Unlike other companies, Apple does not sell crappy products, and this is an example of Apple fixing what is potentially a very annoying issue with the camera. So I'd give Apple credit for being proactive on this one. Not many companies practice Quality Assurance like this, and because Apple is considered the cadillac of consumer electronics, this is what we should expect from them.[/citation]

pff, i guess that comes from a guy that has never tried to delete a whole bunch of pictures in his iphone at once, or finds itunes and the sync process sooooo user-friendly and doesn't feel locked in from his head down to his d...

G

Amazing... half of you rant about poor Apple products, being released defective, then when they choose to delay a product to try and release it in a better shape, you still go for the bashing...

Yep, they've done wrong in the past... yep, they'll do wrong in the future... so will many other companies... it's life... it's money... it's the real world people...

dude846

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2010
Make a black circle around the camera, camera sensor and call it a "dimple". Cute for the ladies and functional - the iphone would be released!

kriminal

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2007
wow @ the apple hate, unless you bought an iphone (or other apple products) and hated it then i can understand. but when you have never used an apple product and proceed to hate apple's business model with out valid arguments.. is well.. retarded..

now mind you i have an iphone however its jailbroken that's where the iphone really shines. :)
Jobs has a Hard-on for design as would most Mac users so offcourse if there is leakage from the white GLASS back then i he would redesign it instead of putting a black ring.. its that simple.

my jailbroken iphone is the only apple product i'll own thank you

gorillateets

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2010
Tom's is owned by Steve Jobs I bet. I've never seen so much apple news anywhere else. It wasn't like this a few years ago. Used to be REAL hardware articles, not about stupid phones and crap. Sure they're technically hardware, but any true hardware guru doesn't own Apple crap.

robwright

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006
So when's the press conference at the Yerba Buena Center? You know, the one where Jobs comes on stage and tells people that there is no hardware flaw, nothing to see here, and by the way I'm feeling great, healthy as a horse?

Griffolion

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]So, lets look at this particular scenario, right now. The 'strong point' for the 'haters' is that Apple is trying to ensure their phone doesn't have issues before releasing it.Damn, Satan's minions at work again.What you perceive as a 'strong point' is actually more a case of you seeing what you want to see, most likely due to the fact that you chose to buy another phone and are so insecure about that choice that you constantly have to defend it.[/citation]

Everyone see's what they want to see, it doesn't take a degree in Psychology to know that.

Speaking of psychology, no'one ever mentioned anything about insecurity until you came up with that sentence that didn't apply to me what-so-ever.

I therefore kindly refer you to this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

By the way, my original comment didn't include a personal attack to anyone, just some heated points. You decided to make a personal attack at me, calling me insecure about a phone choice (see above) therefore i find it hard to take your point seriously until you find a way to express it without having to fill it with the hot air of personal insult. Therefore i kindly ask you to simmer down and make your points without the need to personally deface me or anyone else.

SlickyFats

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
Why does this keep getting REPOSTED??? We get it. It has moved to the Top of the News section 3 times now since it was published. Notice the first comment was made well before the new posted date and time on the article. I am not usually one to complain about things like this but this article in particular has changed more than most.

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
[citation][nom]victorintelr[/nom]So much for the "quality products" they praise themselves all the time...[/citation]

Interesting.....You do realize that this device is not on the market because they are working out the flaws right? Your comment would make much more sense if this was a faulty product that you could actually buy.

HVDynamo

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2008
[citation][nom]victorintelr[/nom]So much for the "quality products" they praise themselves all the time...[/citation]

Not that I am an apple fanboy or anything, but that argument is in no way sound. If they didn't care about the quality of the white iPhone they would have released it already. The fact that they are trying to fix the issue before they ship the product says they do care about getting it right.

WarraWarra

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2007
Wow next year it might have the now standard default 16MP camera ..... O crap this is Apple we are talking about, that would never happen they would only use some old primitive broken junk Apple hardware.

We shall call thee Apple hence forth FOSSIL dew to all the old, memory lost people working on broken hardware there.

Come on Apple a 3 year old child in India has more education and is more capable of building a working decent iPhone than the whole Apple corp. combined.

Apple please stop sucking and start what we used to love "Apple Macintosh" again please for G-sake.

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
why not just make the plastic around the camera clear?

or sell it to the fanboys as is and have marketing play it off as a good thing, I'm sure apple can trick the fanboys into thinking it is cool to have a weird glare on all of your photos.

G

omg i cant believe nobody realized this.

"You don’t get accurate pictures on the white iPhone because of the color of the glass back. It washes out the pictures," the source told Cult of Mac, adding that Apple is struggling to isolate the camera sensor and may have to resort to a full redesign.

If they have to resort to a full redesign "to make the color white" they don't have to admit they screwed up designing it in the first place.

milktea

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
What if you have a black case iphone, and you have something white reflected onto the case while taking photos? Do you get washed out pictures?
Quick everyone, with the iphone, try out the experiment. You might be able to sue Apple for this flaw. :D

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
[citation][nom]let-me-see-your-tweets[/nom]Unlike other companies, Apple does not sell crappy products, and this is an example of Apple fixing what is potentially a very annoying issue with the camera. So I'd give Apple credit for being proactive on this one. Not many companies practice Quality Assurance like this, and because Apple is considered the cadillac of consumer electronics, this is what we should expect from them.[/citation]

Cadillac? More like Pinto or Bug. They're cute and the chicks like them. That's about it. Cadillac would be something filled with features and luxuries, not something stripped down.

On product quality, perhaps you were not yet born when the iPhone 4 was released and was plagued with all kinds of problems, the most famous of which was the antenna reception problem. Perhaps you have been holding your products wrong.

I agree with a previous poster. They're delaying it and building the hype so that more current iphone owners will buy it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.