A laptop display replacement

Exsecutor GG

Estimable
Jun 16, 2015
Hello. Recently I cracked the display on my laptop. The display was 1080p, 15.6 inch, laptop is Asus X555LB. I would like to replace the display, but I cannot find right display for my laptop. I was wondering if would it be possible to buy a display with lower resolution (1366x768) and sacrifice in pixels, but gain in performance in games and 3d applications due to lower resolution. The thing I was thinking is that if I buy different display, it probably won't have necessary trails for webcam and mic. So, is it possible to install different display with lower resolution on a laptop?

Exsecutor GG

Estimable
Jun 16, 2015

Hey jarotech, thank you for a such quick response. A little remark here is that my model of laptop is X555LB, not X550LB. However, these models are almost the same, the difference is only in resolution of he display.

https://www.laptopscreen.com/English/model/ASUS/X555LB/ - here are native displays for my laptop

http://www.laptopscreen.com/English/model/ASUS/X550LB/ - display I want to install

Connectors are the same. Will there be any problems if I install non-native display on the laptop?Thank you in advance

Sorry about that, a certain number misplaced when I searched on Google. But, they are the same size with the attachment at the same place, it should be compatible. To make sure, find out if you can return the screen if it's not compatible.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Laptop Tech Support 0
P Laptop Tech Support 3
miluti Laptop Tech Support 3
saurabhaggarwal Laptop Tech Support 3
A Laptop Tech Support 0
J Laptop Tech Support 0
baakudai Laptop Tech Support 5
gamingandyoutube Laptop Tech Support 0
S Laptop Tech Support 1
9 Laptop Tech Support 1
W Laptop Tech Support 2