A new window update for window 10 froze my computer everytime I boot I get the loop preparing automatic repair how do I get ou

jgns5

Prominent
Jan 29, 2018
I have the very same issue. After a Windows 10 update the computer would not reboot correctly and went into the automatic repair loop. My computer came with Windows 7 preinstalled, upgraded to Windows 10 when it was offered and thus I had no disc to reinstall Windows. This happened on Sunday morning, and now as I'm only on really slow Wireless Internet downloading the MediaCreation tool from Microsoft and creating an USB boot file from that took forever, but sadly it would only install to a certain point and then I would get a file is corrupted message and thus the installation was terminated. So I did it again with the very same result. Now for 5 hours now I'm downloading the alternative Windows ISO boot file to burn to a DVD and try to boot from that. This is so frustrating and I have deadlines tomorrow (the 31st) that I need access to my current files. I have backups on a book drive but most of them are too old to be helpful at this point.