A popup on my LG g2

Staraser

Commendable
Sep 11, 2016
Hello all
I used to have a popup on my LG g2 that would occasionally open when I would connect to wifi. Using AVG antivirus lite I got rid of a couple of apps. The popup didn't happen after that. However I am wondering if the thing that caused the popup still lingers in my phone or did have access to my private information like account ts and camera.

Solution

Not really... just pay attention when installing apps and look at the permissions it asks for... and read reviews for unfamiliar apps to see if anyone's experienced popups or malware... that's about all you can do.. short of never installing 3rd Party Apps.

SBMfromLA

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011
No one can answer that question without know which apps you installed. However, when ever you install an app you will receive notification telling you which data you granting that particular app access too. If a malicious app asks for access to your contacts, GPS, email and SMS... and you click YES while installing.. then the answer to your question is yes... You granted access. However, it's been shown that there are apps that will still access your private information and transmit it without asking you... but more than likely... it probably did have that info if it's malware.

Staraser

Commendable
Sep 11, 2016

Thank you for the reply. Is it possible that it accessed my camera without my permission? If it did take photos or something as such, is there a way to know?

Staraser

Commendable
Sep 11, 2016

Is there a way to know and to prevent it? The most I remember doing was visiting some dodgy sites that's all.

SBMfromLA

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011

Not really... just pay attention when installing apps and look at the permissions it asks for... and read reviews for unfamiliar apps to see if anyone's experienced popups or malware... that's about all you can do.. short of never installing 3rd Party Apps.

Solution