Solved! A product that will be able to act as a DAC/amp combo with mic-in

alvogel122

Prominent
Jun 19, 2017
I have recently purchased a new gaming headset that is going to need an amp/DAC combo but the wire that comes from the headphones splits into two 3 inch 3.5mm jacks. One being the mic and the other the speakers in the headphones. So my question is, is there a product that can fill my needs? It will have to act as an amp/DAC and also have a mic-in input so i can use the mic. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Solution
Hello... "exterior Audio interfaces" can be of all types and input needs... and provide a 1/4" headphone output too... the advantage of these is they will be "hardware audio chips" VS a 'software chip" like on your MB... the difference with the software chips is your CPU is doing all of the Audio processing... so a "hardware external audio interface" will free up your CPU for other things... so they help to take work/processes off your CPU. B D

Are you musician or future broadcaster? these kinds of questions are important to get the right 'external audio interface" for your current or future connection needs.

if you just want just a separate/better DAC playback device that's easy to do too... so what are your needs for such a device?

Ironsounds

Distinguished
Hello... I would suggest a USB2 device and I would just use a cable extender for your MIC into your MB sound chip... the external USB DAC will show up as a additional sound card/device in your device manager... so you will have Two sound cards now to use B ) one for your 1/8" microphone input and one for your headphones... and they will work that way.

1) What is your OS
2) How much do you want to spend?
3) What is your headphone/speaker impedance?

alvogel122

Prominent
Jun 19, 2017
Hello Ironsounds.
I'm running a windows 10 computer.
i'd like to keep the total price below 50 if that's possible but i would be willing to go up to 100.
My headphones impedance is 50 ohms.
Thanks for the response.

Ironsounds

Distinguished
Hello... "exterior Audio interfaces" can be of all types and input needs... and provide a 1/4" headphone output too... the advantage of these is they will be "hardware audio chips" VS a 'software chip" like on your MB... the difference with the software chips is your CPU is doing all of the Audio processing... so a "hardware external audio interface" will free up your CPU for other things... so they help to take work/processes off your CPU. B D

Are you musician or future broadcaster? these kinds of questions are important to get the right 'external audio interface" for your current or future connection needs.

if you just want just a separate/better DAC playback device that's easy to do too... so what are your needs for such a device?

Solution

alvogel122

Prominent
Jun 19, 2017
I am just a PC gamer that got some new headphones that are a bit to high quality for my current mobo. i'm just looking for something that can power my headphones and has a mic-in.