A Single Text Message Can Cripple Your iPhone

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harby

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2008
[citation][nom]NYCGPS[/nom]its VERY easy to do.rofl. I just crashed a few of my friends with it. they were like "WTF HAPPENED?"I was likeHappy July 4th Bitches ! LOL ![/citation]

Care to share with us how?

badaxe2

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2008
Almost as bad is TH's editing staff. It really crashes the integrity of a site that can't seem to write five small paragraphs without several grammatical errors, and this happens routinely.

Sicundercover

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2007
[citation][nom]Anonymous921397r4[/nom]BS, I don't believe any of this. They just want to force people to patch the phone. Root access through an SMS? LOL[/citation]

Yea this is the same thing that was said about the holes in Safari until it was demonstrated for all the world to see.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
mabey apple will finally realise what makes a platform prone to exploitation. it's not so much lack of security, it's POPULARITY! if only this would humble apple's arrogance when it comes to "security". if only...

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2008
sounds like the same hole they found in osx a while ago where they were getting into laptops and accessing the cameras and mics

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
People should use less popular phones so as not to be a target. Go Windows Mobile. Its lack of popularity combined with its unrivaled ability to use windows based Office applications make it the phone to work when you are worried about viruses and 'just want it to work'.

Sound familiar?

[/sarcasm]

Status
Not open for further replies.