A Touchscreen That Can Differentiate the Parts of a Finger

Status
Not open for further replies.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
you know, iw ant a nice, cheap touch pad that can tell im poking it with a pen, and accurately track that pen, and tell if i'm writing at an angle.

this is a feature that i wanted in a tablet for a LONG time.

you know, with enough work, you could even... i don't know, recognize writing, or even realism that if i hold a button on the pen, and go up and left that is a gesture.

than again, i think that usieng a finger on a touch pad is stupid, and even in photoshop a program were gestures would seemingly be useful, the only one that ever gets use is pinching to zoom. in or out. other than that, its pen gestures or pokeing the pad in the right areas.

JohnnyLucky

Distinguished
May 30, 2007
Interesting variation.

Double Research and Development Company has developed a new input device called amenbo which can sense the movements and pressure of individual fingers. Each finger is linked by a flexible mesh strip that stretches to fit different size hands. It is different from touch panels because a special sensor is attached to each finger. It can identify which finger on whose hand it is. If you lift your fingers off it can follow them from beginning to end.

Status
Not open for further replies.