ABC Streaming TV to iOS; Aereo Heads Down to Georgia

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
streaming over the air... get an antenna? i can see it for on the go stuff liek watchign tv on a tablet or some such but if you have a wifi connection, a computer, a digital antena and bit of know-how you an throw the stream from a converter box to a pc to your device

HeadScratcher7

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
ABC still doesn't get it. They are trying to hold their market segmentation together with their app. It won't work. Market segmentation is dying. They will still try to control when people watch their content so the app will have no DVR features. That concept is dead as well. They will try to force too many commercials through their app to make up for the extra revenue they used to get from cable companies. People with DVR's fast forward through much of that stuff and won't tolerate an app taking that control away from them. I have a DVR and I find myself using rewind on commercials - but only the cool or funny ones. Aereo is going to win. And if ABC thinks they can stop it - well there's always Pirate Bay isn't there? Get smart ABC, get innovative, embrace change - think Pandora Radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.