About my charging style

QilleRz

Honorable
May 7, 2013
Hello, the situation is here.

I just bought a new laptop Dell Inspiron 14 with Li-Ion battery of 65Wh.

My question is, is there any defect to my battery if I am not oftenly charge my battery to it full power then I put it out to run the laptop in AC power supply without the battery? The reasons I put out the battery is because playing game. Am afraid of the heat generated and I don't wan't the heat generated defect my battery so I put out my battery. Is there any defect to my battery? Btw if am getting my battery fully charged am always let it fully discharge but with the same condition as situated above.

Fyi, game I play are :
-Dota 2 <-- Add me steam acc QilleRz, a team play would be great :)
-Startrek Online
-Ragnarok 2 Online
-Starcraft 2

ksham

Honorable
Mar 29, 2013
No more than just regular usage. Good idea to pull it out though so it doesn't overheat. Though, laptops aren't great for gaming because they heat up so easily. And that heat can deter its life span.

QilleRz

Honorable
May 7, 2013
Ah yeah, about that am cutting down my gaming hour to 3-4 hour per day. Then how about my battery lifespan? Did my charging style will effect it or will it have memory effect or whatsoever?

ksham

Honorable
Mar 29, 2013
I'm not worried about the battery. It's really the rest of the parts in your laptop. A detachable laptop battery can be replaced. You can't replace your motherboard, CPU, or RAM if they died or if their performance drops from overheating.