Solved! About RAM/ memory specified at Website

Feb 9, 2020
What is the difference between onboard and Soldered as these are listed as different Specifications under Memory (for eg, X1 Carbon states 8GB LPDDR3 2133MHz Onboard for its base model whereas another model states 16.0GB PC3-17064 LPDDR3 Soldered 2133MHz). I suppose onboard and Soldered, both are same!!!

Solution
Onboard is soldered, where as sticks is slots. If it is the same company listing it differently, then I would look into that with the manufacturer.

Now if it is different companies/manufacturers then they are just choosing a different word to use for the same thing. It would be the same if it is a device being sold by an individual.

Personally I would look for one that isn't onboard/soldered if possible. Then you can make changes/upgrades much more easily. That is if the device allows for changes/upgrades.
Onboard is soldered, where as sticks is slots. If it is the same company listing it differently, then I would look into that with the manufacturer.

Now if it is different companies/manufacturers then they are just choosing a different word to use for the same thing. It would be the same if it is a device being sold by an individual.

Personally I would look for one that isn't onboard/soldered if possible. Then you can make changes/upgrades much more easily. That is if the device allows for changes/upgrades.

Last edited:
Reactions: Arul Dilip
Solution

TRENDING THREADS