Solved! Accidentally clicked on suspicious link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shmecklesberainin

Commendable
Dec 7, 2016
A couple of days ago, someone I followed on tumblr’s account was hacked. Like a idiot I clicked on a link in a post in private mode (I used Firefox) that sent me to a website called cutt.us. I quickly closed the page and then changed my tumblr password, deleted my history, deleted some cookies (not all) and unplugged my modem. Then I ran full scans with Eset and Malwarebytes for two days, and they found nothing.

I run a two step authentication on several websites, including tumblr. And the person on tumblr had their info in a data breach years back, and forgot to change their password.

Am I safe?

Do I have to change all my passwords? Is there a virus secretly on my computer?

Solution
I think that all your actions were not really necessary.
You just need to understand what phishing is.
In modern Windows and modern browsers, the sites themselves are unlikely to harm the computer and extract your personal data.
The task of malicious sites is to force you to enter your personal data yourself.
Thus, you can feel safe until you enter any of your personal data on suspicious sites.
Mar 19, 2019
I think that all your actions were not really necessary.
You just need to understand what phishing is.
In modern Windows and modern browsers, the sites themselves are unlikely to harm the computer and extract your personal data.
The task of malicious sites is to force you to enter your personal data yourself.
Thus, you can feel safe until you enter any of your personal data on suspicious sites.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.