Solved! Accidentally uninstalled nvidia control panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 25, 2018
I was trying to uninstall some unnecessary programs using CCleaner tool, and I accidentally uninstalled my nvidia control panel and now it's gone missing. I did some research into it and tried everything I can like reinstalling the drivers, reinstalling geforce experience, even did a DDU but my nvidia control panel isnt showing up for some reason. I also followed the method of going to the control panel and selecting "large icons" to find my nvidia control panel to add it to my desktop but I couldn't find it there either.

Solution
And if that doesn't work, then use the DDU to completely remove all the previous driver files and registry entries, which I suspect is the problem, something borked in the registry from a partial uninstall (Which is why using CCleaner is ALWAYS a bad idea and usually leads to problems like this for most users), and the reinstall the latest Nvidia driver package afterwards.

Here are the full instructions on running the Display driver uninstaller and CLEAN installing new drivers.

*Graphics card CLEAN install tutorial using the DDU*

terry4536

Distinguished
Herald
Mar 28, 2010
Just download the graphics driver from Geforce.com.

http://www.geforce.com/drivers

Download the driver. Then unzip the driver, and choose the custom install with the clean install option. The install will start when you hit enter.

The Nvidia Control Panel will be installed along with the graphics driver.

Don't use the Windows graphics drivers.

And if that doesn't work, then use the DDU to completely remove all the previous driver files and registry entries, which I suspect is the problem, something borked in the registry from a partial uninstall (Which is why using CCleaner is ALWAYS a bad idea and usually leads to problems like this for most users), and the reinstall the latest Nvidia driver package afterwards.

Here are the full instructions on running the Display driver uninstaller and CLEAN installing new drivers.

*Graphics card CLEAN install tutorial using the DDU*

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.