Accidently downloaded SSFN file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeraintLJ

Estimable
Sep 24, 2014
As the title say I accidentally downloaded a SSFN file (I think it's called SteamGuard.exe). I recently got hacked then 3 days ago. I have rest windows to delete all my files and then changed all my passwords again. I was wondering if it is safe for me to go back to trading (Safely), or if there is extra security measures I should make before adding money onto my account again? Thanks for reading!

aks_1337

Estimable
Aug 4, 2014
Use an anti-keylogging software such as Zemana free to ensure your keystrokes aren't readable if they're being watched.
I'd run some scans with Malwarebytes & HitmanPro and remove everything they both find & reboot your PC.

Now change your passwords again as the new passwords could've been logged

For extra measures, I'd then go to Start > Run > type: msconfig
Go to the "Start up" tab and disable all programs that are displayed here (with exception of anti-virus) & reboot PC

You should now be good to go!

GeraintLJ

Estimable
Sep 24, 2014

So it's safe to trade again after doing this? And also thanks for the response!

aks_1337

Estimable
Aug 4, 2014
Yeah you should be fine. I'd recommend before opening any downloaded files, to upload them on a website called "VirusTotal" it basically scans the file against many different antivirus engines to check if it's malicious.

If the report the website generates shows the file is clear then you know it's safe to run otherwise I'd stay clear of opening it.

Status
Not open for further replies.