Jan 31, 2012
I have a problem whit my acer

PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable
PXE-MO: Exiting Broadcom PXE ROM
No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key

rk0r

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2012
You have the settings in BIOS set to " pxe boot" this is used in labs to install an OS via the network cable. Go to your BIOS select boot menu and change the settings to IDE0 for the hard drive to boot first. - Make sure the PXE boot is turned off.

Hope this helps.

sylv

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2012
My setting is on IDEO to boot first. And still having the same problem. Can't i boot in a save mode? And how?

rk0r

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2012
In that case make sure that your HDD is secure pluged in the laptop. I had a case of this and noticed the hard drive was not in properly.

Remove the HDD and re-set it back in caddy.

Try and boot again, make sure that you can hear the HDD spin up.

If you find there is no noise or vibration it may be that your HDD has died.

Let us know how it goes.

sylv

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2012
Is there anywere an picture with what I have to do?
HDD is Hard disk drive?
And how do i take it out?

ps. thank you for trying to help me.
Haha lol. I'm doing my best

rk0r

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2012
Under the laptop there should be an area usually under the palm rest area with about 2 or 3 screws. Undo the screws and pop the plastic off and you should see a HDD ( hard disk drive ) . MAKE SURE YOUR LAPTOP IS OFF when you do this :)

The HDD is usualy just plug and play, you should not have problems with this easy peazee.

Remove it and place it back into the slot making sure it fits snug, you can start the machine up.. make sure that the HDD does not fall out of the slot!! - ( at this stage you can hear / feel if the drive is alive or not )

:)

dianasophiaa

Honorable
Feb 11, 2012

Hi

So I've been having exactly the same problem with my Aspire 5742G

PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable
PXE-MO: Exiting Broadcom PXE ROM
No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key

I tried, as said before onthe thread, to remove and place the HDD again on its slot, and when I turn on the laptop, the HDD makes no sound.

So, does that mean it's "dead" ? because i bought it like 2 months ago and haven't dropped it or anything! :s

Please help.

TRENDING THREADS