Acer 5535/5235 black screen of death

Hlias Anton

Estimable
May 8, 2014
hello recently i got a friend's acer 5535/5235 to repair it. the laptop power up but it doesnt send signal on the monitor, it remains black.
i tried to clean it, i replaced the thermal paste on the gpu - cpu, removed rams hdd, changed bios battery but still the same.
After many tries to boot it, it opens 2-3 times, it booted on windows, the cpu gpu temps was around 50C.
Any idea what may be the problem? its the gpu fraud? i am thinking to reflow gpu since i cant think something else to do.

DiegoD

Estimable
May 12, 2015
Has the laptop been physically damaged in any way? Even if it hasn't it could just be a faulty screen or screen cable. Luckily this theory can easily be tested. Plug the laptop into a monitor or tv and see if a picture comes up. If it doesn't then you most likely have a faulty GPU or mobo, if it does, a faulty screen.

Screen are easy to change out for the most part and shouldn't cost too much more than $100.

Hlias Anton

Estimable
May 8, 2014
hi sry for the late answer, the monitor should be fine, since i dont get a screen even with an external monitor, so i dont think so that the problem could be a faulty cable. i tried a reflow today but it didnt solve anything, but i didnt have the right tools to do it correctly.
i am thinking that the gpu should be the problem, since i logged on windows 2-3 times. but now after many tries i just hear the cooler to spin, after some minutes it send out hot air, i get green lights but i dont get any signal.

do you think so that with the right tools, if i try a reflow again, it should solve the problem, at least for a short of time? or it doesnt worth the try?