Acer 5742G has problem with charging

anbu13

Estimable
Sep 9, 2014
My Acer 5742G has problem with BIOS 'coz when I power on the laptop only a black screen appears, no hdd led activity,no bios welcome message. So I'm gonna fix it by flashing BIOS. Right after this black screen problem occurs the charging was not working properly. Sometimes it was charging from the mains supply & sometimes it doesn't. I've disassembled & checked the charging socket for any short using the multimeter and there was no short in it. After that I assembled it again & it was charging from the mains supply. When I powered on, the charging LED went off and again it doesnt charge. I tried replugging the charger but no results. I've tried with different charger for this model but it doesn't gets charging. If I made it upto charging then I'll flash the BIOS & get back my laptop to a working condition.

tman1

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2009
I don't know how you plan on flashing with bios without anything on the display, but if you checked the DC Jack and the ac adapter and both are fine, then there's a good chance the motherboard is dead.

anbu13

Estimable
Sep 9, 2014
I'm planning to flash the bios using bootable USB. I could hear the fans whirring but hdd activity was not found. It all was working well until I shutdown it at night & the morning I powered on the laptop I that found "nothing on display" problem

anbu13

Estimable
Sep 9, 2014
There is no bios message on the screen. My guess is that BIOS could have corrupted. So i looked through Acer forums help. They provide some steps to flash bios using bios image and burning it into a USB when nothing is on the screen but LED's are blinking. For that I need to make sure that the laptop is having enough charge to withstand while BIOS is being flashed