ACER 5742G power button blinks when charger is plugged in

urshariharan

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012
Dear all,
My acer laptop 's power button and the two other small indicator leds start blinking in 1-sec interval whenever i plug in my charger (most of the time). I intend to charge my laptop, but not sureif its charging. The battery is replaced new. Could you provide your suggestion on what could be the reason.. :)

G

Solved the same case today. The problem comes from your AC adaptor: It shows 19.36V, but is no more able to supply enough intensity (A) to switch the charging chips (Mosfet 4407A in most of laptops). What I did:
1- Dismantled the laptop to check for any corrosion or cuts in internal power wire.
2- Spread soldering flux liquid on mobo power switch chips and flushed over with hot air gun to correct possible bad soldering.
3- Mounted back the laptop without AC neither battery and press power button 20 seconds.
4- Finally I replaced the adaptor and let it charge the battery a while to get out of sleep condition.
Maybe pressing power button a while without AC and without battery will make it. If not, the adaptor replacement could be enough if your motherboard did'nt suffer from coffee or soda leakage as in my case.
Notice that some adaptors turn into sleep when faultive and battery exhausting send your laptop to deep sleep.

blanqard

Honorable
Mar 17, 2013

Did that fix it??please response cause I'm having an issue on my Acer Aspire 5742g

Gurjot Chahal

Honorable
Aug 11, 2013
its your charging jack in your laptop its broken or its loose i replaced my charging jack i bought a new one i ordered it from ebay for five dollars and it worked so try ordering a charging jack from ebay you cant find it in stores its only 5 or 10 dollars

pretender29

Honorable
Nov 13, 2013
mine aspire 5750G has similar problem, but I found that I have fu^ked up the connection inside laptop (it's loose and there are some movement up and down). Still charges, but have to push the wire up :D