Acer 5820TG with Radeon Mobility HD5650 + external monitor PROBLEM

Status
Not open for further replies.

beret20022

Honorable
Dec 20, 2012
Hello,

I've been using my Acer laptop for almost 2years and it worked great. Yesterday I decided to buy an external monitor and start using it. However, there is one problem.

When I connect monitor to laptop it works great for ~1minute, then it disconnects (the external monitor goes black with windows' sound of unplugging and plugging in, built-in display goes off too) and after 3-4 seconds it goes back to the way I configured it it desktop options - multiple display/extend desktop etc. Seems like the external monitor loses connection to my laptop.This happens only when I'm using Radeon dedicated graphic card. When I'm using integrated Intel card (acer 5820tg has an option to switch which one I would like to use) it works ok without any problems.

I tried connecting this monitor to another computer - it works ok, also tried connectin another monitor to this laptop - it works ok. The problem is only with this monitor connected with this laptop.

I tried reinstalling windows, using different graphic drivers, changing almost every option in Catalyst control panel and still nothing works. Monitor is Nec V191W. I will try using HDMI cable in few minutes, but maybe you guys have any ideas how to solve my issue?

Thank you in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.