ACER Aspire 1430-6436 laptop running way too hot!

bbeennyy1000

Prominent
Sep 14, 2017
hi! :D

i recently i took a trip to a pawn shop and saw 2 laptops. a t61 thinkpad with a core2 t7300 and 4 gigs of ram for $50 and an acer netbook with a i3 380um for $75. i picked the acer because its is a bit more modern quicker and i like small laptops. the laptop seems to have had a hard life with missing feet worn keys and trackpad and other things youd see on a well loved family computer. the only issue i have with it is that the cpu sticks around 65-85c idle and 95-100c at load. it feels very hot to the touch but after checking at full tilt 100c there is no thermal throttling and no slowdown! i dont know if this chip is designed to run at these temps and keep in mind this is an 11 watt mobile cpu! one of the culprits could be that the fan rattles very bad at certain angles and maybe has very worn bearings so its not working well.

my question is what your opinions would be. should i return the laptop and pick up the lenovo or wait off on another laptop or is the high temperature normal and or the fan easily fixable?
also i used to have a very cheap asus laptop and sold it due to most of my asuses including that one starting to fail after a few years and wanting a more reliable laptop. so im hoping that this laptop doesn't fail within 5 years

in conclusion do you think this laptop will be very reliable and do you think the cpu can stay reliable at these tempratures or should i return it and buy a different laptop.

thanks!

the cpu is a i3 380um and it has 4 gigs of ddr3 and a 500 gig hdd

TRENDING THREADS