Acer Aspire 5100 - x64 Compatibility?

Grant1872x

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2008
Well... Where do I start on this? I can start on saying that I really despise this laptop... there is a sense of real constriction on what you can do! I am only 14 but I do know a bit of hardware and all I know, has been taught by myself.. Enough about me!

My problem started when I reinstalled Vista to x64 (I do have an AMD 64x2 CPU :( ) After that I have had hangs with the laptop constantly, I have rewritten this whole thread about 3 or 4 times now :sweat: :sleep:

The hangs are just instant and are random! there is also sometimes strange wallpaper looking bars appear, which could be related to my RAM, which again is linked to my onboard graphics (by ATI)

I have a conflict error sometimes on startup and upon the Acer boot screen that sometimes just freezes and the windows boot screen sometimes hangs aswell :sweat: :pfff: :fou: !!

I also... have a PCI FLASH MEMORY error.. which I think. could be connected to my card reader, installed drivers and still hangs..?

Do I need to install Vista x86? Do I need new RAM? Or should I throw this thing in the bin (Pap it oot eh windae :pt1cable: )