Acer Aspire 5315 shutting down randomly

Adamastor

Estimable
Nov 3, 2016
My notebook(Acer Aspire 5315) shuts down randomly ever since i upgraded to Windows 7. The tech guys that made the upgrade told me it's just a coincidence.They run a few tests and nothing happened. I've try run the computer on battery alone and shuts down anyway.However i'm convinced it's overheating because when it goes down the keyboard gets quite hot. I have the suspicion the fan is not working properly for whatever reason.Is anyone with the community has a similar problem with this model?if so,a feedback would most welcomed.Thanks

Solution
My suspicion was correct.it was not a coincidence.upgrading the OS was indeed the main culprit to this problem. As it turns out, it was basically a software problem not a hardware one.
By upgrading to Win7,you're inadvertly removing the 'Acer Empowering Technology' that manages all technical aspects of your Acer laptop,including the cooling ones.
Anyway, i just want to make this observation and unless someone who's reading this, want to add something more to this thread, well for me the whole thing is case closed.

Adamastor

Estimable
Nov 3, 2016

For a start i want to thank you for answering to my question. however i have two to make: which website do you recommend downloading "Speedfan" and(forgive my ignorance)what is thermal paste?

Adamastor

Estimable
Nov 3, 2016
My suspicion was correct.it was not a coincidence.upgrading the OS was indeed the main culprit to this problem. As it turns out, it was basically a software problem not a hardware one.
By upgrading to Win7,you're inadvertly removing the 'Acer Empowering Technology' that manages all technical aspects of your Acer laptop,including the cooling ones.
Anyway, i just want to make this observation and unless someone who's reading this, want to add something more to this thread, well for me the whole thing is case closed.

Solution