Acer Aspire 5552 battery problem, possibly something more

biotech7

Estimable
Nov 9, 2014
I have Acer Aspire 5552 and that was constantly plugged in. Half a year ago, there was a notification that I should think about replacing the battery. I ignored this since I wasn't in best financial situation and the laptop seemed to work properly. Then, around 2 months ago, when working on laptop, it would suddenly show up like the adapter wasn't plugged in and that the battery is almost empty and that I should plug in adapter. In the begining, I would just unplug the adapter and then put it back in and it would work normally. Then this began to happen more frequently and it wouldn’t register plugging the adapter again; it would just continue to show notification that battery is low on power and that I should plug it in. Then I tried to use it without the battery, only on adapter and after turning it on and showing Microsoft logo it would immediately shut off with one click sound. I read that it could be motherboard, is that true? And is there any solution to fix it by myself, apart from obviously buying new battery? Why is that that it won't work only on adapter? For the past 2 weeks I haven't turned on laptop and I'm lost without it. And few times, apart from that, it would just turn off with blue screen showing for few seconds. Then it would just turn on again, asking: Start windows normally?, and continue to turn on. Thanks for help!