Acer Aspire 5750g - Card Reader Missing

tpalazzo

Honorable
Oct 6, 2012
I have an Acer Aspire 5750G-6653. The card reader (which is located on the front left of the laptop) had something fall out of it, which I have since lost. I recall thinking that it must have just been a dust cover but now I'm realizing it was something more important. I tried to put an SD card into the card reader and it disappeared from sight and had to use tweezers to get it back out. Using a flashlight I noticed this empty space goes quite a ways back (2 inches). It's been so long since this piece fell out that I can't remember exactly what it looked like behind the cover, but I'm guessing it was to hold the SD cards.

I've looked around for quite a while trying to find that replacement part to no avail.

Does anyone know what this part is/does? Where it can be found? Or any kind of workaround? I tried a long piece of tape attached to the SD card to retrieve it and that didn't work (kidding).

Thanks!

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Maybe find a beaten laptop same make/model for parts and take it from it. Ebay or other markets.
A laptop repair shop could try to find that part for you, also, if they're willing to do that.