Acer Aspire 5755G Problem

FilipasAlucard

Estimable
Sep 24, 2015
Hello everyone...
I wanted to ask you about a problem that recently showed up:
The power indicator Led and Battery Led start to blink while i'm playing (and in rare occasions when the system is not under stress). If i unplug the adapter and plug it again is 50-50% problem solved if the application is terminated. Keeping the adapter in colder area solved a problem a bit but it's back now. I don't know what to do.
I appreciate the time
Thank you in advance

Solution
Hello FilipasAlucard

If unplugging the adapter for a few seconds and then plugging it back temporarily resolves the issue, it seems that the problem is with the connector jack to which the adapter pin connects. However, as you say that keeping the adapter in a cooler place also resolved the issue for a while, the adapter may also be faulty.

To troubleshoot, you can start with using a different adapter that you can borrow from any of your friends.

If the other adapter doesn't resolve the issue, check if the problem persists when you take out the battery and use the laptop directly with the adapter plugged in.

Although highly unlikely and extremely out of the way, you can also try hard resetting your laptop. To do so:

> Take out its...
Hello FilipasAlucard

If unplugging the adapter for a few seconds and then plugging it back temporarily resolves the issue, it seems that the problem is with the connector jack to which the adapter pin connects. However, as you say that keeping the adapter in a cooler place also resolved the issue for a while, the adapter may also be faulty.

To troubleshoot, you can start with using a different adapter that you can borrow from any of your friends.

If the other adapter doesn't resolve the issue, check if the problem persists when you take out the battery and use the laptop directly with the adapter plugged in.

Although highly unlikely and extremely out of the way, you can also try hard resetting your laptop. To do so:

> Take out its battery.

> Unplug it from the power supply.

> Press and hold the Power button for 45-60 seconds.

> Release the Power button.

> Put the battery back in.

> Try using the laptop this time.

If everything fails, as a last resort, you may want to take your laptop to an authorized service center and get the connector jack checked by a professional technician.

Good Luck!!

Solution