Acer aspire 5755G vs HP Pavilion Dv6 - 6119tx vs dell inspiron 15R vs Lenovo Ide

indroneel22

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011
The Acer has a great 2 GB graphic card but the other three are also well worth considering, idon't have any preferences as such but i have heard great reviews about the acer but i havent't researched much about the other three.Any other laptop you guys would recommend?My max budget would be 47k and i essentially require a core i5 processor with a 15.6 inch or larger screen and atleast 500 GB HDD and 4 GB RAM,any thing over and above this would be obviously preferred.I prefer an Acer,HP,Lenovo,Dell,Sony or Toshiba, not an MSI or Asus preferably.Help me out!

roth_74

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2011
i just buy acer 5755 for aweek.i is a poweful laptop with 2gb of dedicate nvidia 540m and corei5.it is pretty well design form acer company.for me it is difficult to say which is better and which would be a goog buy,but later i prefer acer ahead of dell and the others.the only problem with this laptop so far,is the start up of window 7 64bit that is really slow.i recommand u if u buy this laptop,u should upgrade ram to 6gb or 8gb.

AntiZig

Distinguished
hi, without any knowledge of what hardware you're looking at I cannot comment in favor of either of the laptops that you've listed. Also, you failed to mention what do you need this laptop for (gaming/work/graphics design/etc?)

mmprod

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
I a in the same market for a well constructed laptop with the same specs as mention by the thread starter (I plan to upgrade ram), I am trying to stay under 450 and have found all of them with i3 2nd gen, which would you go with?

asamaddar3

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2011
What about Samsung??? Their NP300V5A-S0BIN is just amazing....... One of my relatives has the machine, & I just love it...... I5 processor, 6 GB RAM, 750 GB HDD, 1GB Nvidia geforce GT520mx, 15.6' Anti-Reflective screen....... wow........
Then the Acer, frankly speaking, I ain't a big fan of Acer.......& I don't think Acer 5755G is a good laptop......... It has a 2GB of NVIDIA graphics card, and the heat reducing system is ordinary. Without a premium Heat reducing system, the heat generating from graphics card could melt the plastic cover....... Audio quality is less than average, even a dell 14R starting model can beat the *** out of it..... LED is average, finger print trap glossy lid..... It's a mess, don't buy it......
DELL 15R is good, but audio quality is not that up to mark.... & it's little costly than other competitors........

In the end, why don't u stick with HP...... HP improves itself a lot........
hp pavilion DV6-6119TX is really nice, I think it looks better than sony vaio series notebooks......
Beats audio, AMD RADEON HD6490M (way better than nvidia gt520mx) graphics card, coolsense v2.0 Technology, HD webcam, Fingerprint scanner & lots of exciting features.......
My personal opinion, GO FOR HP PAVILION DV6-6119TX.........