Acer Aspire 5820TG turn off after about 10 sec

Nightstar055

Estimable
Oct 26, 2015
Hello,

please i have a problem with my 5 years old Aspire 5820TG. Today i tried to turn on my laptop after about (10 hour off time so he is not heated). The fun start working but after 3 sec he turn off the screen dont start and after about 10 sec the acer turn off then after about 3 sec he tried to turn on alone. But then he do the same turn off after 10 sec ( and fun start and stop ). The battery is fine and power supply too the same. I tired it with battery, without battery, with power supply and without power supply and still the same. Does anybody know what can i do with this ?

Thank you

Hi

Do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in fixing that issue.

If there's light on the laptop (HDD,WIFI CAPS):
- Do a hard reset, remove the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds. Power the laptop but with just the AC adapter and see if boots up.
- Next is to connect and external monitor if available and see if you'll see any display from it because if you do there could be a problem with the actual display. Do also try to press the Windows key + P at the same time and select Display Only then press Enter.

If there's no light on the laptop:
- Reseat the RAM, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure that they are all seated properly.
- Do also try to use another AC adapter or test it using a multi testing if it's supplying enough voltage to power the laptop.
- Contact Acer support if it;s still under the factory warranty for a repair if all these steps won't work.