Acer Aspire 7552G Blank/Dead Screen?...

Mar 17, 2018
Hey there!

I just joined, because I have a problem with my laptop..

As the title says - Acer Aspire 7552G with dark/dead screen.. Nothing shows up, when powering on... The fan and drive is running, from what I can hear..

I've already tried hooking it up to an external monitor, but nothing helps..

I can't seem to figure out what the problem is..

Any help, guys?

Thanks - much appreciated! :)

Kenni.

Solution
i guess you tried remove battery and power cable then press power button for 1min just hold it?

Well amd Graphics chip 5650, i had two acer aspires with mobility radeon and both times northbridge on motherboard failed causing same issue, hope its not this.

Try reseat ram sticks, change theyre places and try boot with 1 stick. If nothing disassembly further, take look at YouTube disassembly videos for your model.

When you have only motherboard, fan, cable to monitor, ram, power button cable. Then try to boot with power cable added. you get picture ?

fagetti

Prominent
Mar 1, 2018
i guess you tried remove battery and power cable then press power button for 1min just hold it?

Well amd Graphics chip 5650, i had two acer aspires with mobility radeon and both times northbridge on motherboard failed causing same issue, hope its not this.

Try reseat ram sticks, change theyre places and try boot with 1 stick. If nothing disassembly further, take look at YouTube disassembly videos for your model.

When you have only motherboard, fan, cable to monitor, ram, power button cable. Then try to boot with power cable added. you get picture ?

Solution