ACER Aspire 7750g issue

Vickivik

Commendable
Oct 25, 2016
Hi
I have an ACER aspire 7750g running windows 10 and need some help. From time to time (maybe once or twice a week), my laptop battery lights will start blinking and after about 10 or so times, it will automatically hibernate. i have checked several forums for what the issue could be and the closest says maybe i should change the motherboard. Before i commit to changing the motherboard, i'd like some advise on what the potential issues could be, maybe i need a new battery or cable. thanks for the help

Solution
Does it work OK if you remove the battery and just run on wall power? Or with the battery but on wall power? Are you checking your power meter? If a laptop runs low on battery it will hibernate. If this happens on battery when the system states you have more than 10% power left, you may need a new battery. Your laptop looks to be from about 2011, that is more than long enough for a battery to fail, batteries on average can go about 3 years without issues or losing 50% of charge capability, yours would be about 5 years.
Does it work OK if you remove the battery and just run on wall power? Or with the battery but on wall power? Are you checking your power meter? If a laptop runs low on battery it will hibernate. If this happens on battery when the system states you have more than 10% power left, you may need a new battery. Your laptop looks to be from about 2011, that is more than long enough for a battery to fail, batteries on average can go about 3 years without issues or losing 50% of charge capability, yours would be about 5 years.

Solution

Vickivik

Commendable
Oct 25, 2016

Thank you very much, this seems to be the issue, i have ordered another battery