Acer aspire a515 Series, Monitor unable to be turned on

Karyean

Estimable
Jun 20, 2014
Hello, I have an Acer aspire s515 51, model nc174.

I recently replaced my keyboard and removed the plastic.
(New keyboard is fine and was booting normal)
After replacing keyboard and no plastic and then putting back all the pieces (motherboard etc) I turned it on.
After turning it on it seemed like it was short circuited and the laptop screen is black (nothing loads). No beeps, nothing.
I only said it seemed short circuited because after turning it on it will turn itself off, the fan also stops. I can't turn on the laptop unless I'm charging as well.
And then I turn it on and the fan was continuous and the power stayed on but the screen is still black.

Is this the caused of removing the plastic that was underneath the motherboard which made it short circuited or fried? Or is it some other problem?

May 25, 2018
Try this...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If you can't see on the external monitor at all, or the problem occurs on the external monitor as well, then it is probably the graphics card/GPU that is the problem, which may require the motherboard be replaced. Source- http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-3687066/black-screen-problem-acer-aspire.html

Karyean

Estimable
Jun 20, 2014
@beingmn60 : I do not have a vga but an hdmi, and since I am out of the country my old monitor screen only has a vga. So this I cannot do.

I've tried unplugging hdd, etc and holding power button.
When I charge the indicator lights up and blinks. It seems to be booting..but the screen is not on.
When I say black screen, i basically mean the monitor doesn't turn on. But it was working before I hooked up the keyboard.

When I do not charge and press the power button, it doesn't come on. Only when I charge I press the power button, it turns on.

There;s also a button on motherboard which I am assuming it is the reset, I have tried pressing it and nothing.