Acer Aspire dies almost every time you load it up

technical_difficulty

Commendable
Mar 31, 2016
I have an Acer Aspire TimelineX 3830TG which apparently dies whenever I turn it on. The laptop has already had some problems, which are that in order to turn it on, it has to be plugged in and doesn’t charge. Apparently, when I power it on, it will start loading but usually just die. The power icon will be gone and the charging light will turn off. After this, I have to unplug and replug the charger until the power light goes back on, and I power it on again, and so forth. Every now and then it will work for some reason though.

So far, I’ve tried to reset the computer, with no helpful results.

I’m ready to buy the hardware to fix the computer, just need to know what the problem is.

Thanks!

Solution
Take out the battery and try to turn it on, In my experience batteries are always the first to go. IF that doesn't work take out all secondary items Wifi chip, HDD, Disk Drive, RAM, Unplug keyboard/trackpad and then see if it turns on. if it does turn on plug one in at a time till it you find the part needed to be replaced

Marcuss_95

Commendable
Feb 19, 2016

This method is dangerous, reason one is some capacitors inside has energy stored inside releasing those energy with no reason can cause damages and another reason is if you touching a pin or something and accidentally touches another one may cause another damage, remember there's still current flowing so don't do this method

Aug 3, 2018
Take out the battery and try to turn it on, In my experience batteries are always the first to go. IF that doesn't work take out all secondary items Wifi chip, HDD, Disk Drive, RAM, Unplug keyboard/trackpad and then see if it turns on. if it does turn on plug one in at a time till it you find the part needed to be replaced

Solution

Marcuss_95

Commendable
Feb 19, 2016
When you said "I have to unplug and replug the charger until the power light goes back on, and I power it on again, and so forth" this sounds like internal board issue.