Acer Aspire E-15 starts with only black screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

deahmed

Estimable
Jul 28, 2015
Hi.
I've got this problem where whenever I open for my laptop tje screen is black though the fan is running and the power indicator is lighting. I got it fixed by doing the remove battery, ac , hold power for 1-2 mins, AC back on then it should work. It did actually and I countinued working. Afterwards I shut it and the problem came again. I did the same thing, though not working, I waited 8 hours and it worked. This time, now after 35 hours nothing seem to work.

Is this a phsyqiual problem or is it because the drivers are outdated? My pc has no internet until 8 august, does that have anything to do with it? Helps appreciated.

Solution
That's an awful lot of hoops to jump through. If it's "working" for you, though, then good. :)

Faulty firmware or a bad EC chip would not be your fault unless you disassembled the laptop and played around with those parts or inflicted damage to the motherboard, or unless you unsuccessfully flashed the system.

deahmed

Estimable
Jul 28, 2015
Thanks for the answer. Is this my fault or Acers? I have warranty so can they charge me? I haven't done anything to the computer other than normal use, so its strange and its only a month and a half old.

deahmed

Estimable
Jul 28, 2015
So I have a solution for now atleast.
When you get the black screen at the start you've got to start the computer;
take out the AC (the power supplier) and the battery. Hold the power botton for 1-2 minutes, to create "hard reset".
Inset only AC (Power supplier) and start the computer WITHOUT the battery. If it doesn't work, wait 8 or more hours to try from the beginning.
Now the computer should start.

Here is the thing to fix it atleast for a while;
Hold your mouse to the right side, aleast for Windows 8. Click on "Search" and search for "Restore". One of the options will be "Create a restore point"
Click on that.
Under "System Protection", choose System Restore.
Click next, until you can find some options.
IMPORTANT!; Make sure to save important files into cloud or USB or dvd, your phone or whatever. It may get corrupt, mostly if its an app.
Now think when did the problem happend. Pick a time before it. I personally took one 20 days ago. Click on Next, and begin it.

This will delete apps that you've downloaded during the time, but not documents, but make sure to take a backup anyways. The most important thing, is that it deletes the thing that made it black..

It fixed for me, hopefully also for you.

That's an awful lot of hoops to jump through. If it's "working" for you, though, then good. :)

Faulty firmware or a bad EC chip would not be your fault unless you disassembled the laptop and played around with those parts or inflicted damage to the motherboard, or unless you unsuccessfully flashed the system.

Solution

Shellauw

Estimable
Aug 21, 2015
I have the same sort of issue. Only my monitor switches off when I plug the ac in. I switch it off, the monitor turns on. I switch it on: black screen. This started with the Windows 10 upgrade, and I can't find anything about how to fix it.

Help?

highdesert52

Estimable
Sep 20, 2015
The problem is with the Intel HD graphics.

It is reversing the brightness 100 % in power plug in mode to 0%.
It will also default in battery 100% to Battery to 25%

Go to Intel HD graphics properties-
power=
plug in- switch to maximum performance
on battery- switch to maximum performance also, disable display power saving technology

close reboot

Fixed
Bob

-_LowPro_-

Commendable
Mar 1, 2016
Me Also Have The Same Problem Here.I Use Max On AC Plugin And Max Power Life On Battery.Before That I Use Balance On All Setting.But When I Use Max On AC Min On Battery Comes To Be Black Screen After That.Now Cant On At All.Do I Need To Wait Like Others Do?Mine Got Only Fan Working And Blue Light Turn On.Other Than That Nothin Showed Up.Screw My Dad Laptop Now.:(

Jussi_Lahtinen

Commendable
Apr 12, 2016

I had this same problem and since Acer ES 15 doesn`t have an easily removable battery I totally lost my hope on what to do. I tried to change BIOS settings etc. and nothing worked. Finally I came up with a solution. At the bottom of ES 15 you can find a small logo of battery and beside it there is a screw hole. I loosened the screw and tightened it back again and it worked! Now my laptop works again with no problems. Is it possible that the screw "removed" the battery contemporarily somehow and when tightened it was placed back again? I don`t know. But if someone is having the same problem I hope this helps.

nickspacek

Commendable
May 5, 2016

I believe this is the correct answer. In fact, on my Acer Aspire E-15 the right arrow key shows an Empty Sun and the left arrow key shows a Filled Sun. This seems backwards to me. Regardless of this, when I press Fn + the right arrow key my screen gets dimmer BUT the OSD shows the brightness going up! When the OSD reaches full, the screen is completely off. The opposite is true; when I press Fn + the left arrow key my screen gets brighter even though the OSD shows the brightness going down!

It seems like something is reporting the brightness in the opposite manner. When the system starts up, something sets the brightness to full which the brightness controller instead interprets as off.

pizzamaxlover

Commendable
Jul 12, 2016
Guys whenever I start my acer Aspire E 15 Start it shows the acer Explore Beyond Limits logo and then it says Preparing Automatic Repair... from then the screen is completly black, someone please help

ann_10

Commendable
Aug 12, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.