Acer Aspire E1 Windows 8 to 10 Stuck!

Snipershot10

Commendable
May 10, 2016
I have an Acer Aspire E1 laptop. I was thinking about updating it to Windows 10, all the features seemed nice and such. Eventually I did. I began the upate and everything went well. Then it came to a portion where it says "Repairing disk errors, this may take over an hour to complete." I wait 4 hours and nothing has progressed. I turn it off then on. It turns on and then attempts to do the SAME THING again. it fails EVERY TIME when it tries to repair. ... I'm stuck! How do I get back to my computer. I don't care if the windows 10 update is canceled or not, I need access to it. Also, it doesn't let me log on. I turn it on and the only screen there is is the repairing disk screen. No key combination works, tried various ones.

Hi,

The only way around it is to reinstall the original operating system that came with the laptop. :( You can reinstall Windows using a System Recovery disc that came with your laptop or if it didn't came with a recovery disc you can also order one from ACER.

Here's a complete guide to reset the laptop back to factory defaults.
http://www.isunshare.com/blog/factory-reset-acer-aspire-laptop-after-password-forgot/

Snipershot10

Commendable
May 10, 2016

One issue. The computer doesn't have a disc thingy to put discs in.