ACER Aspire keeps crashing whilst playing games/videos, help needed!

wedgey25

Prominent
Oct 30, 2017
Hi Guys,

I've had my laptop about 5 years. For as long as I can remember occasionally when I play a game or video on the laptop it will crash. No black screen or anything but the picture goes scrambled and blocky, you cannot do anything with the laptop until you switch off, which is obviously very annoying when playing a game which you haven't saved! I have attached a photo of what the screen looks like when it had crashed. If anyone had enocoutered this before or knows of how to fix it any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

[twitter link removed]

Solution
It sounds like you are playing a game/games that are needing more than your devices specs (specifications) are capable of handling. Especially if it is newer graphic intensive games.

Another option, the graphics card/GPU could be going bad. However, the above seems more likely. Especially if there are other things running at the same time, using up the devices resources.
It sounds like you are playing a game/games that are needing more than your devices specs (specifications) are capable of handling. Especially if it is newer graphic intensive games.

Another option, the graphics card/GPU could be going bad. However, the above seems more likely. Especially if there are other things running at the same time, using up the devices resources.

Solution