Mike N Rachel

Estimable
Dec 14, 2015
Hey guys I bought a acer aspire one 725 it has no disk drive. BUT when it boots up it stays on the acer screen for a while then it says boot manager failed . Someone please help me fix this . I bought this for my son for Christmas . It won't do anything for me it has windows 8 on it . How can I restore it I can't use any of the f8 or f10 or anything so please help thanks .or point me how to get it to boot from a USB with a restore of windows 8 or we're to get the download .

Thanks ,
Mike

Mike N Rachel

Estimable
Dec 14, 2015
Thank you why does it say boot manager failed ? It stays on the acer logo for about 20 minutes then says boot manager failed . Then I click OK and it let's me choose boot manager again on a blue screen then it goes back to the logo and says the same thing it's one of those net books without a cD rom so I'm confused on how to fix it

Mike N Rachel

Estimable
Dec 14, 2015
And also I can't use any of my f10 or any of those buttons to get in safe mode or anything that's all it'll do so how do I make it boot from the usb when I can't change the boot device order or will it do it automatically

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Sounds like a problem with the selected boot device in the BIOS. Can you access the BIOS immediately after powering on the system (usually by pressing the F2 or DEL key)? If so, you should be able to find (and change if necessary) the default boot device. If already set for the HDD, then that indicates a problem with the HDD.

That could indicate a defective HDD, or just a missing operating system.

Check the BIOS first and let us know what you find.

Mike N Rachel

Estimable
Dec 14, 2015
Hey if i push the f2 nothing but if I push del it will reboot to acer screen and do the same thing over again and day boot manager failed it's not making any sense to me if it had a cD drive I could had already fixed it but it don't have one and I've never messed with one without. So any help is appreciated . Cause christMas is a few days away and I got it for my son for christMas thank you all.

Mike N Rachel

Estimable
Dec 14, 2015
Also the battery is bad cause when I remove the charger it dies could this have something to do with it maybe a hard reset or something I can't figure out how to fix this and I ain't got much time