Acer Aspire One won't start

T0minator

Estimable
Apr 20, 2014
I bought a Acer Aspire One (ZG5) 5 years ago (give or take a year) and it was running fine. I then didn't use it at all for a few weeks but i was storing it vertically on the side (i think that is why its broken). Now it will not start. This is what happens when i press the power button (with the battery removed):
The power button light is green and stays green and of the 4 lights on the left side of the laptop, only the right 2 lights glow green for a split second and then go out. That is all, the screen doesn't go on and the laptop makes no sound at all.
When the battery is inserted and i try to charge it, then it makes a weird sound (and when i try to start the laptop, the same happens as if it wasn't inserted).

Solution
Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that I suggested with the others who had almost the same problem.

- Start by doing a hard reset, remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try if it will boot up.
- If these will not work test the AC adapter to see if it's supplying enough voltage to power the laptop or if you have another charger that has the same voltage you can use try it and see if it will boot up normally.
- Next to try is to reseat the RAM, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure that they are all seated properly.
- If there are lights on your laptop indicating that it's on connect an external monitor and see if you'll get any display from it...
Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that I suggested with the others who had almost the same problem.

- Start by doing a hard reset, remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try if it will boot up.
- If these will not work test the AC adapter to see if it's supplying enough voltage to power the laptop or if you have another charger that has the same voltage you can use try it and see if it will boot up normally.
- Next to try is to reseat the RAM, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure that they are all seated properly.
- If there are lights on your laptop indicating that it's on connect an external monitor and see if you'll get any display from it.
- If all these will not work the problem will be with the motherboard of your laptop.

Solution