Acer Aspire One ZG5 - Strange problem that I am not able to solve.

PenguinOWN

Commendable
Nov 26, 2016
Hi,
I brought this small Acer Aspire One ZG5 laptop home from the school and I got a strange problem with it, it won't power on. (I was curious how they work cause they are so small, my IT teacher allowed me to bring 3 of them home and test them out if they work, cause they are just laying around and not being used.)
So the problem: Its "on/off" button keeps being highlighted green once the power plug is plugged in. Once you put the laptop battery in it, the "turn on/off" LED is green and stays green until the power is plugged out / battery level is drained completely. The CPU/GPU fan is not starting at all. I've tried unplugging everything from the MoBo including RAM, HDD, fan so on, and the light just stays green. Any ideas how to fix that st[/code]range MoBo problem?I switched HDD, RAM, MoBo battery, battery, CPU/GPU fan with other components that work (tested on another Acer Aspire One Notebook that I brought home). Problem still occurs, where when I plug the power cable, the "power on/off" LED turns green and stays green without even tapping/clicking it, pushing/holding it doesn't help. CPU/GPU Fan remains as it was (not turning on).
As for the 2 other Acer laptops, 1 of them works 100%, no problems. The other one got a broken MoBo (Broken keyboard/touchpad input), every else component of the 2nd Acer laptop works fine, and it boots to Windows (just not able to use the touchpad and keyboard).

Solution
put that back to normal with all it's parts back in minus the main battery & disconnect the power adapter from netbook. hold the power button down & count to 20. re-insert main battery & reconnect power adapter to netbook. turn on netbook.

ffg7

Splendid
put that back to normal with all it's parts back in minus the main battery & disconnect the power adapter from netbook. hold the power button down & count to 20. re-insert main battery & reconnect power adapter to netbook. turn on netbook.

Solution