Acer aspire Q5 V1 turns on with black screen fan comes on briefly and shuts off right away hard drive is working

Beelzebub79

Prominent
Feb 21, 2017
My Acer aspire q5wv1 turns on but the screen doesn't.the fan comes on briefly then shuts off right away. I can hear the hard drive working. I've switched rams and hard drives, unplugged it, taken out the battery,ran it with no battery oh and I've switched video cards and same results

Try this...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If you can't see on the external monitor at all, or the problem occurs on the external monitor as well, then it is probably the graphics card/GPU that is the problem, which may require the motherboard be replaced.

Try this...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If you can't see on the external monitor at all, or the problem occurs on the external monitor as well, then it is probably the graphics card/GPU that is the problem, which may require the motherboard be replaced.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Laptop Tech Support 2
C Laptop Tech Support 3
T Laptop Tech Support 3
R Laptop Tech Support 2
K Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 1
V Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1
V Laptop Tech Support 4
A Laptop Tech Support 4
D Laptop Tech Support 2