Acer Aspire S7 won't turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiktoriawitan

Estimable
Oct 30, 2014
Hello! My ultrabook Acer Aspire S7 wont turn on. Both of the LED's are shining blue, but it doesnt react on anything. I was using it normally everything was working, then i switched it off and then a couple of minutes later when i wanted to turn it on, it just didn't. There is absolutely no reaction when i press the power button. Please help me i have no idea of computers and it never happened to me before.

Solution
With those symptoms, removing the battery has a very good chance to solve your problem.
But you cannot remove the battery from an Aspire S7 without disassembling it, because it is built in.

The solution is the battery reset button, which has been built in by Acer (and I think they know why they did this).
You can find it on the backside on the left. It is a little hole with a battery symbol next to it.
Use a paper clip or something like that and push the button for about 4 seconds.

jmejiaa

Estimable
Oct 30, 2014
What do the LED's represent?

What OS? Can it possibly be in sleep mode and not waking up? I've had this issue before.

Try removing the battery without the plug in, so it completely shuts off.. Then see if it'll turn on.

profiprofi

Estimable
Jan 6, 2015
With those symptoms, removing the battery has a very good chance to solve your problem.
But you cannot remove the battery from an Aspire S7 without disassembling it, because it is built in.

The solution is the battery reset button, which has been built in by Acer (and I think they know why they did this).
You can find it on the backside on the left. It is a little hole with a battery symbol next to it.
Use a paper clip or something like that and push the button for about 4 seconds.

Solution

Turboforte

Estimable
May 21, 2015
Performing a battery reset by using a paper clip on the back of the Acer Aspire R14 also works well. I tried this and it fixed the same problem. Thank you for the advice.

ANITH

Estimable
Jul 30, 2015
OS is windows 8.1.
I have removed n replugged the battery so much time, but it couldnt ON.
I have done also 1 min pushed power button but no result.
CPU LED (blue) will glow for a second & after it shut off.
Fan will run more than a minutes.

Display is not starting..If start the display I could be restored the OS. but not starting.

Can anyone advise for any options in thier motherboard flashing

bairni

Estimable
Feb 1, 2016
you can try power button and reset switch together for 10 sec. it should turn on.

Jejelove

Commendable
Jun 3, 2016

Thank a lot this person. You just saved me and my laptop.

zhildjian

Prominent
Mar 22, 2017
Now i am having the same issue and tried all suggested fix. Somehow, suddenly it just started a day later while i left it one. backed it up and i think i its the Live updater that's causing it. Coz it appears the instant it boots up...just a guess. but i have disabled it for the moment...see how it goes later

Silvina

Prominent
May 15, 2017
Hi! Im having the same problem! The desktop keeps flashing.. what should I do? I have reset the battery already and tried both the battery reset and the power..

Lara_7

Prominent
Jul 21, 2017

It did not work for me. Any other advice?

hikaru18.greatone

Prominent
Sep 18, 2017
Acer Aspire V13 user here. Almost had a heart attack when laptop won't turn on. *sigh . Built in battery. First problem after 2 years using it. Luckily found this forum. Pressed the battery reset button for 10 seconds. Voila..the blue LED color now's up. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.