Acer Aspire Switch 10

pureawesomeness

Estimable
Jan 20, 2015
I bought an Acer Aspire Switch 10 that is not powering up. When plugged in an orange light is on but when I press the power button nothin happens. I tried the hard reset power+volume buttons, power button for 30sec with and without battery, paperclip in pin hole for 4secs, reset the ribbon cables and still nothing. Is there any other solutions for this problem or is it safe to say the motherboard is dead?

sewing7522

Prominent
Sep 25, 2017

Hello, were you ever able to fix your acer switch? My 2 year old Switch SW5-012 having the exact same problem, re-setting and re-booting doesn't work- it just doesn't power on but there's an amber light - and the motherboard is getting warm when the charger is plugged in!

pureawesomeness

Estimable
Jan 20, 2015

Sorry but no, I didn't find any anwser to help me solve "our" issue. I eventualy gave up and just bought a new motherboard and it's working great. As a matter of fact I'm just writing to you on my Switch 10 :)

One guy I called said that something probably got burnt on the old MOBO, but wanted 50 bucks just to take a look at it.
So my guess is the old MOBO is fried, until I find what got burnt and fix it myself.

Best regards,
Ivan