Solved! Acer aspire switch 10e LED blue light remains after windows shut down

Mar 30, 2019
Hi all,

After i shutdown windows, the Acer aspire switch 10e LED blue light remains ON after windows shut down completely & screen is blank. With LED light on, this drains out the battery. Only after hold pressing the power button (blue LED light) for like 20 secs, the blue light will go OFF. How can i shut down completely? Normally when we do windows shutdown the laptop will shutdown.

Solution
Another option is to go into "Control Panel" and then "Power Options" and change the settings in there to make it shut down and not go into sleep or hibernate mode.
Mar 30, 2019
Shutdown windows like normal. Goto shut down. Then windows ahut down. Scrren blank. But right hand side power led light is still blue. Unless after shutdown, i press the power button for 20sec, the blue led will goes off.

I would suggest checking the computer to see if it is set up to use "Fast Startup". If it is, then this will prevent it from fully shutting down.

Try this...

You will need to disable "Fast Boot/Startup" from the power button menu. The power button can be used if you encounter Fast Boot/Startup problems.

1. Make sure the laptop is turned off. Not in Hibernate or Sleep mode.

2. Press the power button and hold it down. The system should emit three short beeps from the speaker, or headphones if you have them plugged in.

3. After the beeps, release the power button 'before' the 4-second shutdown override.

4. The power button menu should now display.

5. Press F3 to disable Fast Boot/Startup and you should be able to access BIOS now.

To enable Fast Startup:

1. When the laptop boots up, enter the BIOS setup by pressing "F2".
  2. Now go to the "Boot Configuration menu".
  3. Choose the "Enable Fast Boot/Startup".
  4. Press F10 to save the changes and exit.

Mar 30, 2019
after shutdown completely. Holding the power button for a long time, the laptop doesnt emit 3 short beeps. no beeps at all. There isint any "Fast Boot/Startup" in the power options menu. By holdoing the power button for more than 10sec, it force the laptop to shutdown completely everytime after windows->shutdown.