Solved! ACER ASPIRE V 15 Nitro gaming laptop screen tearing in games when charging

Mar 17, 2018
This happen recently all of the sudden when my charger is plugged into my laptop. The screen will flicker vigorously and tear. When I unplugged the charger, the problem stop completely. This only happens when I'm gaming in any mode
(full-screen/windowed).
I have tried changing the fps rate but to no avail. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Solution
You can try checking your power settings in control panel and make sure nothing has been changed.

1. Go to "Control Panel" and then "Power Options".
2. Click on "Change plan settings", next to the plan you are using.
3. Now click "Change advanced power settings".
4. Now check to see if anything in each of the ares settings have changed and return them/change them to where you want them to be.
5. When you are done making changes, click "Apply" and then finally click "OK".

Also, if the battery is going bad, so that it is pulling more from the charger, this can cause your problem. Also, if the charger is going, and having trouble running the device while it charges it, then this can also cause the problem.

Are there any problems when...
You can try checking your power settings in control panel and make sure nothing has been changed.

1. Go to "Control Panel" and then "Power Options".
2. Click on "Change plan settings", next to the plan you are using.
3. Now click "Change advanced power settings".
4. Now check to see if anything in each of the ares settings have changed and return them/change them to where you want them to be.
5. When you are done making changes, click "Apply" and then finally click "OK".

Also, if the battery is going bad, so that it is pulling more from the charger, this can cause your problem. Also, if the charger is going, and having trouble running the device while it charges it, then this can also cause the problem.

Are there any problems when you just charge the device, and not playing anything at the same time? Slowness, not charging, etc?

Solution
Mar 17, 2018

Sadly the solution didn't work. No, there are no problems when I charge the device, only when I'm gaming, the screen will then tear and flicker. Other programs works fine.