Question Laptop Just Stops Charging When Playing Games

Oct 15, 2020
I had issues with this laptop for a while now and this isn't even the worse problem but here's the issue. My laptop charged completely fine a week ago, and a day later is seemed completely fine but when I played a game on it, it stopped charging. I am able to recharge it though. Either sleep mode and unplug and plug the charger back in, hibernation mode, or just when it's shut down. The weird thing is certain games work completely fine like Terraria and Minecraft but when I play TF2 or Sims 4 it stops charging, and with TF2 it only happens in-game, not it the menu. So I think it's an issue with using more performance making the charger just stop but I need help from someone who knows these things to tell me if I can fix it myself or need to get it sent somewhere. Also, I know having a weak charger can make the battery drain while playing games and that happens to me but it literally stops charging and uses battery power.

There is little to no software involved in charging the battery, so I doubt if drivers are an issue. Did this happen when the machine was new or did it just start? Are you using the charger that came with the machine? You might have better luck looking on the manufacturer's forum as this may be a generic problem related to that particular model.

Oct 15, 2020
It just started about 1 month ago, I have a new charger with a lower voltage, and it's a Lenovo Y 50-70 Touch. I had issues with this laptop for a while now and this isn't even the worse problem but here's the issue. My laptop charged completely fine a week ago, and a day later is seemed completely fine but when I played a game on it, it stopped charging. I am able to recharge it though. Either sleep mode and unplug and plug the charger back in, hibernation mode, or just when it's shut down. The weird thing is certain games work completely fine like Terraria and Minecraft but when I play TF2 or Sims 4 it stops charging, and with TF2 it only happens in-game, not it the menu. So I think it's an issue with using more performance making the charger just stop but I need help from someone who knows these things to tell me if I can fix it myself or need to get it sent somewhere. Also, I know having a weak charger can make the battery drain while playing games and that happens to me but it literally stops charging and uses battery power.

It's not the charger.

It's not the charger.

It's not the charger.

It's not the charger.