Acer Aspire V15 Nitro VN7-591G no bootable device, Windows 10

Roy_24

Commendable
Jun 25, 2016
I am having the problem that my Acer Aspire V15 Nitro VN7-591G does not boot windows 10 anymore. When starting the laptop it first shows the Acer logo for about 30 seconds (without loading circle or whatsoever) , after which the notification 'no bootable device' is shown.

I started looking for answers and solutions but unfortunately: I can not get it fixed. The bios(uefi) shows both my m.2 sata ssd(on which windows is installed) and the hdd, but they do not appear when going to boot manager (F12) . I have been trying to change the bios to legacy but unfortunately without any luck.

Besides this I've been trying reinstall windows via a bootable usb (using an windows 10 iso and the program Rufus (fat32)), but also without any luck since this usb does not appear in the boot manager either (and yes it is shown in the bios)

Also, using another hdd, on which I installed a complete version of Windows didn't work..

I have basically been looking for solutions all over the Internet and tried everything I came across. Now, I hope someone on this forum is able to help me out. I hope to see a solution or some tips, I would really appreciate it!

sepull

Commendable
Jun 26, 2016
I have the same issue, but I have an Acer VN7-792G. I started seeing this message after I tried to create an MS-DOS partition on Linux (the laptop is brand new and does not yet have windows installed). Since then the Linux partition no longer shows as a boot device in the BIOS and I get this error. I'm not sure if the problem is related to me creating the partition or if it's just a coincidence.

I have also tried using a MS-DOS and Windows 10 USB boot drive using Rufus. Also no luck.

sepull

Commendable
Jun 26, 2016
My computer was brand new (occurred within the first few hours) so I sent it back to the dealer who replaced it. I've seen ways to fix it online but many (not all) involve opening the computer (thus voiding the warranty if it's still covered).