acer aspire v3-571 - Glitchy Keyboard

cw910

Prominent
Oct 25, 2017
Hi,

Hoping someone might have some insight.

My Acer Aspire v3-571 has a glitchy keyboard. I'll turn on the computer, boots normally. Wireless mouse works just fine. Trackpad too. I can open programs, but I can't type in any of them. I can open a web browser, click around, copy and paste text, but cannot type.

Then after 4 or 5 minutes of this, the keyboard comes to life.

Anyone see this before?

Solution
Almost sounds like something is loose or stuck (I know that sounds at odds right) in the keyboard. Loose connection or stuck due to a spill making something stick. Try the following...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

You may also want to try updating the Synaptics Driver if the above doesn't help.
Almost sounds like something is loose or stuck (I know that sounds at odds right) in the keyboard. Loose connection or stuck due to a spill making something stick. Try the following...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

You may also want to try updating the Synaptics Driver if the above doesn't help.

Solution