My Acer aspire V5-122p-0408 touch screen has went black and I tried the following F2 F9 F10 and enter, didn't work! Then when I wanting to tried F12, power button and was told to take out my battery but my model the battery does not come out and I haven't been able to use my laptop and my kids are driving me crazy!!!!! Can someone please explain to me how to do this if my battery can't come out. My laptop does have a reset hole on the bottom of it! Please help if anyone knows, thank you! Oh and when I turn on my laptop it does come on and then shows the Acer logo and the circle tuning. Then it goes black, after that the Acer logo shows again and no circle like it's froze!
Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to do a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- Here's a video guide on how to disassemble the laptop specially it's battery.
- If the laptop gets stuck on the ACER logo again that could only mean that the problem is either the motherboard or the HDD.
- Remove the HDD off the laptop then power it on and see if it will get stuck on the ACER logo again. If it gets pass the ACER logo without the HDD that means the motherboard is okay and it's the HDD that is not.
- But if the laptop will still get stuck on the ACER logo without the battery that means the motherboard is the problem.
- Put the HDD back in and see if it will still get stuck or not because if it will not, try reinstalling Windows.