Acer Aspire V5-571P-6815 display screen flickers and blacks out when open at certain angles/degrees

ashwinh2015

Estimable
Oct 6, 2015
Hi All,
I have had this laptop for a couple of years and over the last 2-3 months the display screen has begun to flicker, sometimes like watching an old cathode ray tube TV and getting a whole lot of white noise with no image on the screen. At other times I have an image with small streaks of thin white lines flickering all over the screen. If I shift the angle of the screen it can reduce the degree of flickering where it is tolerable but certainly not ideal. Any suggestions for potential solutions would be welcomed.

Admittedly, I have not contacted Acer as yet as sometimes the best fixes come from those on these types of community sites.

Hi,

If the flickering stops or lessen when you tilt the display it's a clear indication that it's a hardware problem. 2 things to consider, the cable that connects the display to the motherboard check for any physical damage or you may want to check the connection if it's seated properly. You can unplug and put it back in making sure that it's connected properly. Lastly is to contact Acer support if it's still under the factory warranty because a repair or screen replacement is needed.

xsoulxslayerx

Estimable
Nov 25, 2015
hi,
I am a computer technician and its a common issue i face.
first try to connect your laptop with external display, If the display is fine on external display it mean you have to change your laptop LCD.
Your lcd is faulty. You need to change your LCD.

or If the display is still same on external display (distored/Flickering/lines) then you need to repair your VGA on board/Motherboard repair.